Customer Service Associate
The Royal Conservatory is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, teacher certification and arts-based social programs.
This position is suited to mature, self-directed individuals with a flair for customer service and the ability to diplomatically manage customer expectations. Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, this part-time position implements RCM schedules and policies by:
- Providing exemplary Customer Service and ambassadorship of RCM offerings and services.
- Controlling access to practicing and teaching spaces.
- Providing guidance and intake of Royal Conservatory Schools Registration processes and fees.
- Liaising with building maintenance staff for room and equipment set-ups.
- Providing Mailroom relief; sending outgoing mail and couriers, sorting and distributing incoming mail; coordinating office supply requests.
Shifts are scheduled during RCM operating hours (8 a.m - 11 p.m.), which include evenings, weekends and Statutory holidays; therefore, flexibility in scheduling is required. Shifts may vary between 6 - 8 hours/day.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent front line Customer Service and assistance to students, faculty and the public.
- Assign and rent practice studios and classrooms.
- Assist registering students with Royal Conservatory Schools payments and online applications.
- General Reception duties.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of postal rates, services and regulations.
- Manage the timely delivery of all internal and external mail as required.
- Accept shipments at the loading dock and distribute to the recipients.
- Order and distribute office supplies for all departments.
- Work with building services staff by providing details for room set-ups.
- Assist in completing assigned clerical duties related to production and scheduling.
- Maintain key and A/V equipment inventory for studios and classrooms.
- Sale of practice cards including cash handling and reconciliation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with cash-handling.
- Basic mailroom duties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and assimilate details.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure atmosphere and respond to customer demands while remaining focused.
- Previous Hotel or Academic Front Desk experience is an asset.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel in a Windows XP environment.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and current résumé by August 10, 2012; however, this position may be filled prior to the deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified. Applications should be sent to:
The Royal Conservatory
273 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ONM5S 1W2
Fax: (416) 408-3096
Please refer to the exact job title in your application for this position.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position;
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.