CURRENTS is an international NEW MEDIA ART festival. We showcase a variety of work that pushes the boundaries of art and technology. This is a call for our 9th annual exhibition - June 8-24, 2018 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 8,000 visitors attended CURRENTS 2017 / 2,500 Opening Night.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 5TH 2017
We are accepting submissions in the following categories:
- • New Media Installations
- • Outdoor New Media Installations and Projections
- • Single Channel Video and Animation
- • Multimedia Performance
- • Experimental Documentary
- • Web-Art / Art-Gaming / Mobile Device Apps
- • Virtual Reality Environments
- • Robotics
- • Digitally Generated Objects (ie. 3D Printing)
- • Interactive Installations for Children
Selected artists in the New Media Installation, Outdoor, Multimedia Performance, Virtual Reality, Robotics, and Installations for Children Categories will be considered for full lodging, travel, and shipping support.
To view our submission guidelines and to submit an application visit: https://currentsnewmedia.org/guidelines-2018/
CURRENTS serves as a platform for artistic experimentation. It promotes exploration into all forms of new media art, providing the public with an opportunity to experience an outstanding selection of innovative work. CURRENTS is committed to making this extraordinary form, at the intersection of art and technology, available to everyone.
More about our festival: https://currentsnewmedia.org