Are you interested in the entertainment industry, comedy, and technical production?
The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic
individual to work as one of our Production / Technical Managers for the 2018
Montreal Festival. The Just for Laughs
Montreal Festival, now in its 36th year, presents multiple shows over 3 weeks
in July. We have approximately 25
venues, each running 1-4 presentations daily.
We are looking for someone who has strong organizational and
communication skills, is able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and
high-pressure situations, and who has experience working in live show
management / operation. The successful applicant must be prepared to work long
hours, including some nights and weekends.
English is essential; bilingualism (French) is an asset.
Duration: 9 to 11 weeks, starting mid to late May 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
- Work in a team environment with all Festival Production Team members;
- Work closely with Festival Producers and Directors to execute all Festival production requirements;
- Oversee various venues and all artist, show and production requirements within;
- Aid in the hiring process for all Production and Venue staff positions;
- Oversee and direct various production staff;
- Work closely with artists and their representatives;
- Work closely with other departments (TV, Marketing/PR, Sponsorship, etc.) on any production elements or venue installation / activations, as required;
- Responsible for maintaining effective working team relationships with all departments within venues (Stage Management, FOH, Box office, Bar Staff, Technicians, Transport, Artists, etc).
- Propose or create any Sets, Props, Lighting or Technical Designs, as required;
- Source and secure various supplies, props, equipment;
- Create, maintain, and implement schedules and logistics plans for repertory shows in each venue;
- Manage and track production budgets and expenses;
- Aid in various set-ups, strikes, and show-calls, as necessary;
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
in live show or event production management or technical direction;
in stage management, technical installation, or show operation;
in scenic, sound or lighting design is
interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Ability to
work with multiple team members across the organization;
attention to detail and ability to multitask while meeting multiple deadlines;
time management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Must be
able to troubleshoot problems, and operate independently;
good judgment and decision-making;
maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Ability to
remain calm at all times, and to act accordingly in sensitive and stressful
- Work in
Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Photoshop, AutoCAD
or Vectorworks is an asset;
- Ability to
work long hours, including some nights and weekends;
- Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday March 23rd, 2018
Please send your CV and cover letter to [Hidden] with your name and the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.