Hate sunshine? Love stress? The Just For Laughs TV department is seeking an enthusiastic and highly-organized individual to work as a Television Coordinator for the 2018 Montreal Comedy Festival and beyond.
If you’re looking for hours of thankless toil in the dingy basements of showbiz, look no further than Just For Laughs! This is an entry-level administrative position and is a unique opportunity to dive head-first into the world of professional TV production and showbusiness at large. This is a paid position but it can also accommodate the terms of a stage or internship program; compensation is commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be computer literate (Word, Excel), and be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours. English is essential; bilingualism is a strong asset. A passion for comedy is a MUST!
RESONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Draft correspondences of TV show-related documents and schedules
- Distribute programming documents & maintain up-to-date network files
- Process purchase orders, expense reports, photocopies, & related errands
- Answer and filter phone calls and provide information as appropriate
- Ensure up-to-date performance transcriptions and notes on comics’ material
- Assist in the preparation of logistics for TV writers, directors, and related parties
- Provide administrative support to producers as needed
- All other administrative duties
This is a contract position commencing as soon as possible and ending in late December, 2018, with the strong possibility of extension beyond that (performance dependant).
All interested applicants should forward their CVs and a brief covering letter by email to [Hidden].
- *NOTE: The subject line of the email should read “TV COORDINATOR APPLICATION”
- No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.