APTN has a career opportunity for an experienced individual who will be responsible for all day-to-day production operations of APTN National News & Current Affair including shooting and editing.
• Operates a camcorder, cameras, and related camera and broadcasting equipment,
including newsgathering, shooting of interviews, b-roll, stand ups, stock footage, and
• Operates linear and non-linear editing systems and logs, and digitizes material prior to the edit session;
• Organizes material including audio, video, music, graphics titles, effects, clips, bins and sequences within the editing system;
• Provides technical support for APTN and/or events programming as required (including
the shooting of vignettes, PSA’s, weather, and promotional material);
• Completes rough and final edits, and outputs the final product to tape, disc or shared
• Conducts live and live-to-tape double-ender interviews from studio or remote locations;
• Performs required dubs to and from all APTN formats;
• Works closely with Broadcast Technologists on technical, maintenance and repair issues;
• Re-edits or reformats stories for use on the web as required;
• Incorporates internet based video and web-based formats for editing as required;
• May work with the Video-Journalist(s) or Journalist(s) on story development / finalizing;
• Works closely in collaboration with other team members;
• Travel and shift work may be required.
• Diploma or certificate in a relevant discipline and three to five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Experience with news line-up script writing software, such as I News, is an asset; • Broadcast experience would be an asset;
• Knowledge of basic Excel, Internet software, e-mail, and broadcast industry technology;
• Knowledge of French and/or at least one Aboriginal language would be an asset;
• Valid Driver's License required with abstract.
Please submit your resume quoting Competition 11/12-04 and where you saw this ad, by 3:00 p.m. (CST), Tuesday, January 31, 2012 to:
Human Resources Aboriginal Peoples Television Network 339 Portage Avenue. Winnipeg, MB R3B 2C3 Fax: 204-943-2368 E-mail: [Hidden]